What data do we collect?
- Register on My Intrepid
- Register interest for and/or enter a competition
- Subscribe to one of our Email newsletters
- Download or request a brochure or other printed materials
- Refer a friend to Intrepid
- Book a trip with us
How do we collect the data?
- from people making travel bookings on your behalf
- from market research and data companies contracted by us to obtain information so that we may improve and market our products and services;
- from other companies within the PEAK/Intrepid Travel group.
- We may combine personal information collected from you at different times to provide a better user experience, including customizing content for you.
- We may use personal information to provide the services you’ve requested, including sending email newsletters, or sending printed materials to your postal address.
- We may also use personal information for auditing, research and analysis to operate and improve Intrepid’s services.
- Intrepid processes personal information on our servers in Australia and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country.
- Intrepid’s servers automatically record information when you visit our website, including the pages you visit, your IP address, browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit. We cannot identify you individually from this information. This information is used to make improvements to our site and make it easier to find the information you are looking for.
- When you provide your email address to Intrepid Travel to make an online booking, your contact details may be retained even if the transaction is not completed. These details are captured using a secure service called VeCapture by Ve Interactive. This is so we can assist you in future with online bookings, and as a result of this you may receive an enquiry email. If you choose not to respond to this email, your data will be destroyed and not used for any future communications.
Disclosure with suppliers/ third parties/ affiliates
- We may share aggregated non-personal information with third parties outside of Intrepid, such as our travel industry partners to better analyse trends and further improve our services. Please only supply information that you are happy to be disclosed in this manner.
- We may also share information with third parties in limited circumstances, including when complying with legal process, preventing fraud or imminent harm, and ensuring the security of our network and services.
Access to your information
- We offer you choices when we ask for personal information, whenever reasonably possible.
- We will provide you access to your personal information upon request, within reason, and to let you correct such data if it is inaccurate and delete it.
Card security policy
- Intrepid Travel Pty Ltd maintains the security of your credit card data by the following measures: All online payments are submitted over a secured socket layer (SSL). Credit card information is transmitted immediately to a payment gateway solution via an encrypted port. Intrepid does not store your credit card number in any of our systems, it is used only within the context of the transaction then destroyed upon receipt from an acquiring bank. All credit card payments receive an identification number that is proof of the transaction’s acceptance into the banking system. This identification number can be used to trace any transaction back to the credit card issuer (for example, the bank that issued the MasterCard, or VISA credit card).
Use of TOOLS/”COOKIES” and links to other websites
STATEMENT ON COOKIES
- Storing what’s in your shopping basket: This allows you to book trips with us
- Collecting information: This means we can learn more about how you use our website so we can improve our products and online experience.
- Tailoring your experience: Cookies allow us to provide you with information, products and services that we think you’ll find interesting
- Making our marketing relevant: We can show you relevant offers and promotions on our own websites and through our advertising networks.
Types of cookies we use
COOKIES – THE LOWDOWN
What are cookies?
- Make it possible for you to use our website
- Show you information and offers that are relevant to you
- Find out more about how our customers use the site
Refusing cookies and changing your mind after you’ve accepted
You can change your browser settings to accept or refuse all cookies, choose which cookies you want or don’t want, or ask to be notified when a cookie is set. Use the help feature in your browser to see how.
Changing your mind after you’ve accepted our cookies
Take a look at the websites of Pinsent Masons law firm or the Internet Advertising Bureau for independent information on cookies – including how to refuse or delete them from your computer or device.